Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yummy Crock Pot Meal

I have been following "A Year of Crockpotting" blog. I made this recipe last night and it was fabulous. We really liked the herbs and spices in it. Several people came to the house while it was cooking (including the kids friends) and said how wonderful it smelled. Kaylee's friend even asked if she could stay for dinner! http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009/03/crockpot-hirino-psito-slow-roasted-pork.html

Instead of the pork, I made it with a brisket I got on sale for $2 at Target and it will last 3 days. Did you know if you go to Target early in the morning, you can often get meat at an awesome price, sometimes free with the peelie coupons on top of the package? I got 5 pounds of Turkey cutlets for free the other day.

Anyway, I think this recipe would also taste wonderful with a turkey breast. Then shred and put on a sandwich roll and spread with cream cheese. Maybe sweet potato fries on the side.

The only problem was I was hungry all day because the house smelled so good!

1 comment:

  1. Man! You are a blogging machine! :) And maybe Crockpot365 should be paying you for all the advertising... hahaha
    We'll have to try that one - it sounds great.

    PS: You can often find good butcher's deals if you go early at any grocery store. Some days may be more likely than others - I'd ask the butcher.

    ReplyDelete