Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cougarboard

Steve runs a company called Cougarboard. It's a BYU sports forum/community that is quite large. We found out last night that the company that finds and places ads on it was dissolved and no longer exists, therefore not paying clients. We were planning on living on that money until Steve finds a job. Luckily, we also have a 6 month emergency fund (thanks Pastor Ramsey), but we were hoping we wouldn't have to use it.

Sometimes when things don't go the way you are planning it's easy to get discouraged. On the other hand, the current situation has encouraged me to be thankful for the little things we have and for the loving relationships in our life. These are the things that really matter.

Today I was feeling thankful that I could run errands by myself. I got a lot done by myself :). All of you Moms out there will understand this!

I was also thankful that we didn't find out this advertising information until after we got back from our anniversary vacation. I think it would have put a damper on the relaxation facor.

I think experiences like this strengthen our faith and resolve. However, I hope it doesn't need to be strengthened too much more, this is about all I can handle right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment