Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thift Store Finds

You probably don't know this about me, but I love to shop at Thrift stores, consignment stores and yard sales. I love Value Village (called Savers in Utah) and Kid to Kid. There's another one in Seattle that I love called Lollipop's. It's kind of like Kid to Kid, but they have (really nice) women's clothes too. Here's their site if you are ever in the area. It's kindof in a slummy area of town, but it's a cute little shop: http://www.shoplollipops.com/. Anyway, at Savers today, I got a really nice dress for Megan, 7 shirts for Meg, and 5 pairs of shorts for Matt all in like new condition for $25.

A couple Sundays ago I was in the nursery and someone asked where I buy my clothes. When I told them they were second hand, they were in shock when I said the outfit I was wearing was about $5. I buy most of my clothes at thrift stores when I go to Seattle. People there tend to donate really nice name brand clothes. It's a little harder to find the same quality here. They also have great sales, like 50% off. I bought a Gap leather jacket last time I was there for $6 that I wear daily.

I also love Craigslist and KSL. I have found some awesome deals on there too like our Pier 1 rattan kitchen table with 6 chairs at a real bargain price, our desk, sleep number bed, love seat, etc. I could go on and on...

No comments:

Post a Comment