Thursday, March 5, 2009

Enrichment Night

Last night we had enrichment at the church (a meeting for women) and we did a service auction with points, not money, for good things you have done. It was really fun! There was everything from a knitted afgan to free haircuts to gift certificates. I brought dress up clothes to auction off. My pink pauper dress and matching doll dress tied for being auctioned at the highest price. Someone bid 500 points on the dress ups and then someone else bid 1050 and then that person got them. So it only got two bids. It was kind of funny how it all played out and we all got a good laugh out of it.

I got a plate of pumpkin cookies, and a gift certificate for home made bagels. Yum!

The best part was coming home after it was over and Matthew (age 2) screamed in delight "Mommy!" when he saw me and jumped off the couch and ran as fast as he could with his arms out to give me a hug, then proceeded to give me tons of kisses all over my cheeks. I have never seen him do that before and it was so sweet. He's such a cutie, and I am becoming quite a softie when it comes to him.

It was nice to go out and do something with friends. I haven't been able to do that much because of health problems, and I feel like the biggest hermit. So I am glad my friend Sacha invited me to go with her as I probably wouldn't have gone if she didn't ask. Thanks Sach!

No comments:

Post a Comment