Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Long Way From Chicago


I really enjoyed this youth fiction book by Richard Peck that a neighbor loaned me. I loved the character development and the author's writing style. It has a real light and funny feel to it... perfect reading for a Spring day or a book club choice. It's a fast read and has a sequel set around the Depression times, that I found quite moving and applicable to today's economic times. The sequel is called, "A Year Down Yonder". I actually liked it better than the first too.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    I love the front cover art on that book. Things you described about its sequel make me want to read it.

    Thank you,

    Sachiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the 2nd book better too! I love Richard Peck! He did a wonderful book called Fair Weather that is set during Chicago's world fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mormon mommy, it's now on my list at the library, I'm excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete