Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Article Marketing & Funny Story

I have been doing marketing for my cute dress ups through articles. A friend has helped me get started and taught me how to do it. I think I have written about 20 articles so far. Anyway, I try to come up with topics related to princesses or dress ups so google will associate the keywords I use with my link in the author bio. I have written articles on etiquette, manners, birthday parties, spending time with your kids and dressing up with them, etc, etc, etc. Basically, just a bunch of nonsense to get my key words and link out there.

So the funny part is that people actually read the articles, lots of them. I used to be a writer for Novell and graduated in Communications which requires a whole lot of writing. I know how to write good articles which requires research and relevant quotes and so on. These ones that I have been writing take about 15 minutes of me rambling on about dressing up in any new way I can. They are not good.

The even funnier thing is someone contacted me the other day and asked if he could use my articles on his parenting site. I had to laugh out loud. Are you serious? Ok, I guess.

Anyway, all this marketing I've been doing has TOTALLY changed how I see things on the Internet. Most everything you see is a marketing plea one way or the other. It's kind of a sad realization.

If you must have a good laugh, here's an article of mine: http://ezinearticles.com/?Dressing-Up-in-Costumes-and-Dress-Up-Clothes-Can-Help-Children-Build-Social-Skills&id=1969709

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    I just got to catch up on your blog. So much info. You just spew forth the GOOD stuff don't you?!! I love it!!! So many good ideas and such. Hey, thanks for the info on Vegas. I am printing off your helps to take with us. Keep up the writing. You are fun to read. (What a great journal too)
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete