Saturday, May 2, 2009

If I Could Keep Time in a Bottle...

Steve and I were on a "date" last night. Can you call it a date when you are already married?

Anyway, I expressed that I have been feeling a little spread thin lately. Previously, I had been thinking since selling the princess dress ups were going so well that I would probably stop doing photography because when fall rolls around, it will be too busy to be doing both with fall/early winter being the busiest season of the year for both of them.

However, after photographing this last wedding, I forgot how much I love the creativity of doing some type of art (I stink at drawing/painting, so no creative outlet there). I really enjoy being around people and children and being able to have a hobby that I get paid for. I love doing the photo editing as well. I feel that if I quit for a year, I will lose my "regular" clients that come to me every year.

But, with the kids getting older and getting into more activities and friends that play here at the house, I'm just spread too thin. I have been working 3 hours during nap time (thank you Matthew!) and after they go to bed for an hour or two, but it's burdensome sometimes, and with my current health problems I get really tired and worn out easily.

I know there will be a time in my life to do all of these things that I "wish" to do. Maybe when all of the kids are in school and my health has improved. I guess I just don't want to miss any of their innocent cuteness and want to be able to be more present (and awake!) while they are still young and totally adorable! What would you do if you were me?

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented Rachel that you could do anything you wanted to I'm sure. It sounds like if you have a passion for photography, you shouldn't let it go unless you really can't do it. My dad always says to make a pros and cons list.

    ReplyDelete