Friday, May 8, 2009

Elaines French Bakery


My sister in law told me about a bakery by her house that is really great. I really can't pass up a good bakery, so I went to check it out. I had an excuse, though, I needed an inexpensive "gift" for Kaylee's preschool teacher for Mother's Day. I am so glad I did.

It's called Elaine's French Bakery. I can't believe how amazing (and reasonably priced) this place was! I really am not kidding, they had the most beautiful eclairs, pastries, cakes, and tarts that I have ever seen. Just walking in there, the smell was amazing and the service stellar. It's a family business and the owner is a French man who is really nice, and speaks FRENCH! We kind of struck up a conversation and he said he and his two boys (ages 10 & 12) wake up at 2am so hand bake everything in the shop.

I ended up getting the Raspberry Charlotte for $3.50 and it was quite impressive looking with a ribbon around it and fresh raspberries on top. Her teacher was pleasantly stunned and I was a little bummed that I didn't buy 2. Girls night out anyone?!

Check it out. It's by Xpedx in Orem.

3 comments:

  1. That is my favorite bakery! I love looking at their creations in the glass case. They remind me of the bakery I often visited in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that place! I drive by there all the time as it is right by my house.

    I always get a pan au chocolate. So good.

    ReplyDelete