Monday, April 27, 2009

Swimsuit Shopping, Oh My!

I don't enjoy shopping for swimsuits and going from store to store and nothing fitting quite right. Then when you find something that fits right, it has an obnoxious pattern, that screams, "LOOK AT ME!" when I don't really want people to look at me when I feel half naked. In fact, I would prefer a funeral, possibly my own before shopping for a swimsuit.

Anyway, we had company that wanted to visit the Shade Clothing store and I thought I would try on a tankini since I hadn't before. The idea of baring my 3 childed midriff when I lift my arms just didn't previously appeal to me all that much, but that's all they had. Amazingly enough, the first one I tried on fit awesome! Although, I was blinded by exposing my ultra pale legs, that don't really get unpale at all during the summer, it seemed to be gathered in all the right places and is long enough to never show the belly. The skirt is more flattering than board shorts and has swimsuit panties inside. Quite pricey, both pieces were around $70, but how often do I buy a swimsuit?

Here's the top I got:


Here's the bottom I got. It doesn't appear to come in brown on the website, but they had brown in the American Fork store. They have free shipping and free returns on their suits right now, so no risk if you are out of state.


My only complaint is that it's a tad low cut, but I could easily sew in an insert. However, for a "modest" clothing store, I would expect a little more modesty!

1 comment:

  1. Join the insert club! I need a swimsuit that's gathered like that, but I don't think it would hide my 2 children as well as it hides yours. I have more left of my 2 kids as you do of 3. The swimsuit is beautiful and I'm sure you look great in it! Oh, and join the pale white legs club, too. I think mine are perma-transparent.

    ReplyDelete