Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Once a Month Cooking


Mmmm... Lasagne. Mmmm... Taco Soup, Sour Cream Enchiladas, Mac & Cheese, Crockpot Chicken, and kindof yum savory Ham Pie.

I cannot say enough good things about the Freezer Cooking I did with Steve's sis. I loved it and best of all, there was always something to make for dinner. I never looked in the fridge at 5:30 and said, Hmmmm... what should I make tonight? They actually lasted us 2 months I believe and we loved them! I'm actually a little sad that there's only 1 left in my freezer right now. I think it took a couple hours to make them all and it worked out to be about $4 per dinner. Probably could make it a little cheaper by cutting down or cutting out the meat. I think we made about 6 freezer meals each in our own kitchens and then traded. However, many of them lasted 3-5 days with leftovers. I also gave a precious one to a friend who was having a bday and shared the lovely lasagne with another family whose mom was in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment