Thursday, April 9, 2009

Multiple Blessings

So when I go to Seattle, I am usually without a car and in my Mom's apartment most of the day. There's generally nothing on TV. When we're there, we watch TLC. On TLC, they have Jon & Kate Plus 8 marathons and they are really addicting. It's a reality show about a couple who has twins and sextuplets (6 babies- AT THE SAME TIME!). It's just their every day life and they are very real people, they don't pretend to be something they're not. Try taking 8 kids under 4 out on an excursion! Mine is a relaxing day on the beach compared to them.

Anyway, my mom gave me their book for Christmas. I just finished it. I didn't have very high expectations, but I really loved this book! It's set before the TV show, so it gives a background on it. Kate is a really good writer and a very devout Christian with strong faith. How did she have time to write a book?

The amazing thing to me is how many volunteers helped around the clock with these babies for more than a year. They are probably still helping, I don't know. Also, Jon lost his job several times around when they were born. Can you imagine?! They had a 3 bedroom house. All the babies were in ONE room.

Aren't you just a little curious what a belly looks like with 6 babies in it? I was.




If you are a mom, you will love this book. It will make you thankful for what you have. Even if you are not a mom, it's still interesting and touching. It's at the library. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. And I thought my belly was huge when I carried my twins full term (they were big...one weighed 9 lbs 1 oz and the other was 7 lbs 14 oz). Still! I've got nothin' on this mama!! Craziness!! Great post!

    PS: I found you on MM blogs!

    ReplyDelete