Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Goal

I had a secret goal... You may find it a little strange... I really like to eat out. This stems from my childhood because I ate out A LOT. I love a good Jason's Deli, Smokehouse, or Cafe Rio. Anyway, my secret goal was to see how long I could go without eating out at all, not even Wendy's to pick up some chicken nuggets for the kids or anything. I caved today because I was sick and had to pick up the girls at dance class around dinnertime. I lacked any energy whatsoever to heat up leftovers and clean up the dishes. I cheated at Wendy's. I made it a month and a half though. For me, that's pretty impressive.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! It IS hard to cut out the fast food, but once you become accustomed to it, it stops being hard. Except for our family vacation last month, we have not eaten fast food for many months. After watching "super-size me" a few years ago, I vowed to cut out fast food for our family, with just a few exceptions a year. The best tools in my arsenal for NOT relying on fast food are the slow-cooker, my pressure cooker, and frozen meals. Way to make it 1 1/2 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO team Rachel!!!! I mean, Shelby!

    ReplyDelete