Wednesday, April 8, 2009

American Idol Comments, the Top 8


Anoop-- I actually really liked his song, "True Colors." I think he has a real good slow song singing voice, but I don't always find him believable as a R&B singer. I think he will stick around for a few more weeks. I like his cockiness too for some reason.

Lil Rounds-- Glad we cleared up that her name is not "little", she is named after her Grandma, Lily and was given the name Lil at birth. Great singing voice and stage presence, but uncanny ability to choose Grandma songs. She is really going to have to break out of her "old" ways to stay in.

Danny Goeke--I wasn't crazy about the arrangement of his song, "Stand By Me" in the beginning, but I liked the end. He has a pretty good fan base, but a lot of times, his songs seem a little karaoke-ish to me.


Allison Irahita-- I have never liked Bonnie Raitt. Therefore, I complained through Allison's whole song. I wish she would have chosen something more fun and rock-ish. She looks like a wild child and sometimes I wish she would break out and show that image more.

Khris Allen-- Terrible song choice, terrible performance. I hate the twisty thing he does with his mouth. I think his wife misses him and he should go home to his posh apartment! His song last week was great, so maybe that will carry him through for a week or two, but not that much longer.



Matt Giraud--Liked his song a lot actually. He acts like a star, has good performances, and exudes confidence, but he's a little inconsistent. However, he is becoming one of my favorites at this point.

Scott Mcintyre--A great guy and super talented, but his "punk" image may send him to pack his bags. This new image just didn't fit his nice and humble personality and wasn't believable. I think he'll be packing his bags this week.

Adam Lambert--Of course, the best of the night by a mile. Got a standing "O" from Simon for the first time I can remember. We watched his performance twice because we like it so much. I found the song "Mad World" to be creepy, but it did go along with his different and rock image. I can't wait to see what he does next week! He will win Idol, I think.

One more comment, I wish they would have saved Alexis Grace, I think she would have added something new and exciting to the show. She was a real good singer and deserved to stick around more than some others.

No comments:

Post a Comment