Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Steak Anyone?

Yesterday we went out to eat lunch at In-n-Out burger. I was surprised that it was actually pretty good for fast food. Steve and I both ate for $8! It's a 50's diner style "joint" and apparently extremely popular around here. There are sometimes lines about a block long at the drive through and around the restaurant to go inside. Who knew? We didn't have to wait much because we had a late lunch.

Then we went on to M&M World where we walked about a mile to get there only to spend $40 on funky colored M&Ms. Except we promptly put back 90% of them and spent 11.99 for one pound. Steve is out of work now and all.

That night we went to the Freemont Experience which is "old" Las Vegas, probably from the 50s ish when Vegas wasn't so commercialized. It was so much better than "new" Las Vegas and we enjoyed it a lot more. It had a very retro feel, live music, an amazing light show and best of all... SUPER CHEAP FOOD! We had a prime rib dinner that was really fantastic for $7.99. I tried a fried twinkie and fried Oreos just to say I did it. I did it and it was gross! That's a direct quote from me.

We like it here, except for the massive amounts of people that smoke. I think I have lung cancer!

Well, on that note, see you all on Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. That does sound disgusting. blech. Please don't make fried twinkies for our freezer dinners.

    ReplyDelete