Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas with the Grumps

I'm not sure why, I'm sure I've raised them better, but our kids just don't get excited about things. Like when we told them we were going to Disneyland they just stared in confusion at us.

This Christmas was no different. While they got a lot of exciting gifts, there was no shouting, there was no jumping up and down. The best we could get was a feeble smile and a thank you. It's not that our kids don't like what they got, they just aren't excitable like I remember being when opening my presents on Christmas.

Hilights were an American Girl doll, a baseball set, puzzles, and a doll stroller. And glitter balls. After all the hundreds of dollars that were spent, it was the $5 glitter balls that took the cake. Go figure.

The baseball set was a big hit with our little slugger. Now he can stop using the rolling pin and any other like item as a bat. I'm not sure why, but I have this weird affinity for jammies with the feet in them. I call them footie jammies, not sure if that is the correct term. Anyhow, when I see my kids running around in them for a minute I'm reminded how lucky I am that they are still young. Maybe secretly I think they'll stay that way forever and not become teenagers.



We also had the kids make gifts for each other which was fun. M. made K. a Dora pillow and matching blanket, hand sewn.



The American Girl doll


Christmas at Grandma & Grandpa's house. Yes, it is a miracle, we all wore red this year despite my husband's near hatred of the color. He had nothing green that was not in the laundry.


While Christmas has come to an end I'm still listening to Christmas songs in the car just hoping it will last a little longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment