Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Blentec, My One & Only Love + Green Smoothie Goodness

After 9 months of using my mother's 1970's yellow and brown blender for fruit smoothies every day, I was in total shock and awe of my new toy that came in the mail yesterday. I used it last night and I was so impressed! It turns off automatically when it is done and has a 2 horse power motor, neigh...

I sold a bunch of my kitchen appliances and used a credit I had for Christmas to buy this puppy (I even made $150 more than what the blender cost me). It was well worth it and I'm excited to make dairy free ice cream in it! It also does whole food juices, grinding wheat and grains, smoothies, hot soup, bread dough, fondue, salsa, shakes, dips, and so on.... I have a lot more room in my pantry as this replaces a lot of big appliances.

I did find a great deal on it. It's usually $399, but I found it for $319 with free shipping at EverythingKitchens.com

My neighbor also gave me a good recipe for a green smoothie. I thought it would taste, you know... green and earthy, but it was good! The girls drank nearly my whole smoothie if that tells you anything.

3 cups fresh squeezed oj. I used the kind in the carton.
1 POUND of spinach (whoa baby!)
1 banana

I'm going to try to add ice in the next time I do it, because it taste's better when it's cold. You could probably drop the oj to 2 1/2 cups and do 1/2 cup ice.

Blend...

Anyone want to come over and have a blending party with me :).

No comments:

Post a Comment