Saturday, January 16, 2010

Don Wanna Lose You

With our 2 year old's birthday coming up on Friday and preschool coming up in the fall, I have been waxing sentimental. He is moving up to a toddler bed and it will be the first time we have taken the crib down because there will be no baby to fill it in the near future. We keep waiting until my health improves to have our last child, but I am impatient and most likely it's going to be a long space in-between our last 2 children.

Anyway, it gives me more time to spend with our youngest when the older children are at school. He's my little buddy and loves to go out and run errands. Right now, his favorite thing to do is puzzles and he will sit for a really long time putting each one together. Some of the puzzles are really hard for his age, but he seems to catch on really fast.

He has been very clingy to me lately. If someone wants to help him with something, he won't let them, and says, "Mommy do it!" If someone is sitting next to me he squeezes in so he's touching me more than they are. There was someone crying on TV and he said, "He's crying cause he miss his Mommy". Today he was sitting on my lap with his sippie cup of milk and he leaned his head back on my shoulder and said in his sweetest voice, "Mommy, I don wanna lose you." I said I could never lose him because he's my boy and that seemed to calm him a little. When I asked him if he would stay two for me he said, "yeah" because I don't want him to grow up too much.

I love my little gentle boy and cuddle bug. I hope he stays that way for a long time, even after he's 3! Happy Birthday Buddy!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet Rachel. Sounds like a lot of the same things our little man says and does. It is the good days when they tell you they love you. Life is really good.

    ReplyDelete