Saturday, December 26, 2009

Spelling Bee Buzz

Ok, so I'm a little late on the blogging thing. I have a good excuse though: I was selling at 3 holiday boutiques, a vacation to Disneyland, and a site My Cute Dressups, ebay, and Amazon stores that quadrupled Christmas sales from last year.

We were SO proud of M. who won her 3rd grade class Spelling Bee and then competed in the school-wide bee. If you know how shy she is, you know this is a huge accomplishment to stand up in front of the whole school with teachers and actually say something into the microphone (I think she was the shortest one there.... sorry, you got that from me). She did extremely well and beat out at least 1/2 of the competition, even older kids. There were 9 students left when she got out. The word she missed was "quarantine" which she spelled, "courantine".

It was a proud moment for our family seeing her up there (she's the one up at the microphone)!

1 comment: