Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Recent Reads

This has been a strange book month. Some were really good, some were ok, and others were disappointing.



I loved this book, perfect for capturing the Spirit of Christmas.



Next on the list is Inkheart. I actually really liked it although it started off kind of slow and I was confused about what was going on. About a quarter through the book it got exciting and the rest was good. It was kind of Harry Potter/Fablehaven-ish. I found it on the "clean" list at the Provo Library. There were a couple swear words though. Apparently it's a trilogy, I did not know that... as well as a movie.

(no photo available)

Third, Fine Old High Priests. This is one we're reading for our neighborhood Book Group. I wasn't that thrilled about it at first, but it worked itself out and it was quite a good book with a good message about friendship and religion.



Fourth, Map of the World, from Oprah's Book Club. It was so intense I couldn't sleep at night after reading it and I had nightmares about the story line. The book was extremely well written and exciting, but it's one of those books where I wanted to re-write the ending. I had been so invested in the book I felt let down at the end. The (bad) language in it is terrible as well, be warned. I don't know, I think if I had the chance to unread this book I would. Haunting...

No comments:

Post a Comment