Friday, June 26, 2009

Three Cheers for Melting Pot

I have been wanting to go to the Melting Pot restaurant in Salt Lake for years now, but every time I get the coupon in the mail, I see that it's $25 per person with the coupon (kind of pricey for our budget) and it's a 45 minute drive each way. So, I have really wanted to try it, but never have.

We decided for celebrating our belated 10 year anniversary, we could splurge and go. Especially since it's only a few miles away from Steve's office in Salt Lake. We also made it into our annual business meeting so we could write it off on our taxes.

I am so glad we did! We both LOVED it. We had a great, private seat overlooking downtown Salt Lake and the food was fabulous! It was a whole 4 course meal and took about 2 hours to eat it all. With tax, tip, and a drink we shared it ended up being $75, but for special occasions, definitely worth it.

Here's what comes in the courses:

1. Cheesy Fondue with dippers including bread, veges, and apples.
2. Salad
3. Uncooked meat (salmon, shrimp, sirloin, filet mignon) that you put in broth for 2 minutes to cook. Served with 5 yummy sauces.
4. Dessert. Can't say anything bad about melted chocolate, cheesecake, and strawberries.

2 comments:

  1. Good review.

    We went to Melting Pot once a few years back. While the food was delish, my husband's co-worker (drunk one, no less) kept stealing my food **off my fork** after it had been cooking in that broth stuff. The second time it happened I turned to him and said, "Never steal food from a nursing mama!" (I was starving!) and he finally stopped. The nerve!!

    Their dessert is great, too, hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I've been dying to go to the Melting Pot too!!! I'm glad you guys got to go. Sounds incredibly delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete