Saturday, August 22, 2009

Flat Leaf "Parsley"


My Mom and I have been using this beautiful flat leaf parsley from the garden this year for cooking. We use it nearly every day from eggs to salmon and meat. Every time I go out there, it's just perfect and green and lush. The aroma was parsley-like and therapeutic.

So with that said, I went out to the garden today to pull some "parsley" and I pulled too hard and a carrot came out. I thought, what is a carrot doing in the parsley? I thought for a second and then in dawned on me. OOHHH! That wasn't parsley, it was carrot greens!

I hope it's safe to eat, because we ate a lot of it. My Mom said, how are we going to make salmon now? I don't know how to answer that question. It's like a part of us has died because we can no longer use our favorite ingredient. Look at the picture, you too could make the same mistake, no? The funniest part is I couldn't figure out why none of the carrot seeds had come up after planting so many of them.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still laughing! That totally made my day. And I do hope you don't get sick from eating carrot greens. Maybe some day we'll have to try it for ourselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!!!! That is GREAT! I love it. I'll be laughing over that one all day! :):):)

    And carrot greens are fine to eat. I assure you, I'ved eaten worse. :) (Nettle soup, anyone?)

    ReplyDelete