Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ahhh.. The Joys of Parenthood

Me: Megan go watch a movie for your quiet time.
Megan: There's nothing we like to watch. Whining ensues...
Me: You have like a 100 videos, go watch one.
Megan: But one of them has a bad word in it
Me: Thinking to myself: Oh no! What movie do we have that has a bad word in it?
Megan: It's the Berenstein Bears one.
Me: This piques my interest because if you've ever watch one of these shows, it's on the extreme of clean and family friendly. So, I ask, what word is it?
Megan: Well, (getting nervous) they say "stupid".
Kaylee: Yeah, they say stupid.
Me: At this point I'm holding back a laugh big time and somehow say, you better not watch it then, that's pretty bad.

I look at Steve and just crack up when they aren't looking. I know some day we our kids will discover worse words, but I'm glad they think stupid is so bad right now!

2 comments:

  1. ah the innocence of youth :) there are many days when i wish i didn't understand the things i do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh... cute. The "S" word is a bad word in our house hold too. My husband and I want to keep it that way as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete