Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Arterial Thermometer


As I was browsing the supplement section at Costco, this thermometer caught my eye. How many of you have been caught in the middle of the night taking blankets off and unzipping a sleeper on a sleeping child, lift the arm and put a freezing cold thermometer under their arm for 2 minutes? Then, inevitably, they wake up and cry for a couple hours before they can get back to sleep.

With this one, all you do is put it on the forehead and it takes about a second. It's the same kind they use at my doctor's office. My kids are pretty heavy sleepers, they could sleep through it I think.

It was $23 at Costco. I figure it's worth a good night's sleep :).

1 comment:

  1. We have one of these and I like it a lot. My only complaint is there is no back light. So after I take his temperature I have to run out in the hall or flip on a side lamp before the temperature goes off the screen.

    ReplyDelete